Going out to eat tonight? Here are this week’s food inspections. It’s an all-A report, too.
The state Department of Health regularly inspects restaurants and food facilities. The facilities are graded from A to C. “A” is the best. “C” is the equivalent of failing, but the inspection isn’t bad enough to merit the closure of the restaurant.
The following Northeast Mississippi facilities were inspected between April 18-25. The facilities are listed as they are in the MSDH system, even if there are typos.
• Tupelo: Gardner-Watson Ice, Shipley’s Donuts (S. Gloster), Tellini Pasta Market, Park Height Restaurant, Weezie’s Deli, Stables Downtown Grill, Frito-Lay, The Snowball Shoppe, Don Julio, Rosie’s Cookies Cakes & Cream, Williams BBQ, Holiday Inn & Suites Grata Grille, Frutalicious
• Verona: Verona School
• Shannon: Double Barrel Steakhouse
• Oxford: China Royal, Party Waitin to Happen, Pizza den, Big Bad Breakfast, SnackBar Restaurant SnackBar Bar, Frank & Marlee’s, Malco Oxford Commons Cinema
• Corinth: Kenny’s, Burger King, Corinth Auto Auctio, Arby’s, The Dinnerbell, Rib Shack, MS Care Center of Alcorn County, Papa John’s, Gooseberry Frozen Yogurt, Brock’s Grille, J.T.’s Grille
• Houston: Houston Upper Elementary
• West Point: Sprint Mart #4141
• Fulton: Subway Sandwiches, Burger King, Hardees, Food Giant
• Mantachie: The Chicken Store
• Aberdeen: Andy’s Ice, Subway
• Amory: Amory Skate Center, New Market #2, Snack N Go
• Hamilton: Lackie’s Steak and Fish, Sprint Mart
• Nettleton: S & J #5
• Greenwood Spring: Noe Enterprize
• Starkville: Restaurant Tyler, Subway 389, Great American Grill/Hilton Garden Inn, Bombay Spice Kitchen
• Baldwyn: Baldwyn High School Cafeteria, Omar’s, McDonald’s, Baldwyn Mini Mart
• Booneville: Thrasher High School, Anderson Elementary, Hardee’s, Wal Mart Deli, Wal Mart Bakery, Daylight Donuts, Old Tyme Ice Cream, Hot Dog Lady
• Ripley: Pine Grove School, Golden Living Center, El Jefe Grill
• Iuka: Tishomingo Co High, Litco Express Shop
To check facilities in other counties, go to msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/43,1911,231,203.html. If in doubt about any facility, call the responsible health department.