|March 11, 2009||What's Going On - Mac McAnally, Jonas Brothers, "Friday Night Lights"||1 comments|
|March 10, 2009||"American Idol," 3/10||2 comments|
|March 10, 2009||What's On Your iPod? 3/10||2 comments|
|March 10, 2009||What's Going On - 'Idol,' 'Guitar Hero,' Death Cab||2 comments|
|March 09, 2009||Get the scoop on Jasmine Murray||2 comments|
|March 09, 2009||What's Going On - 'Watchmen,' 'New Moon,' Eminem||1 comments|
|March 08, 2009||"Watchmen" - your take?||4 comments|
|March 06, 2009||"American Idol," 3/5||2 comments|
|March 06, 2009||In the Arena 3/6||no comments|
|March 05, 2009||Memphis in May Beale St. Music Festival 2009 line-up||2 comments|
Mornin', Scene cats!
Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to those of you who have made this huge transition to the new blog with me! We're obviously still trying to work out the kinks – which is why my spacing on here is a little off (it's been a while since I've used html, which we have to use here), but I'm working on it!
* Check out this cool story about Northeast Mississippi native Mac McAnally and his recent songwriting award with Kenny Chesney.
* The Jonas Brothers are going on tour with Jordin Sparks – closest tour dates are Birmingham and Atlanta.
* Rumor has it that "Friday Night Lights" could get renewed for not one, but two seasons.
* Joss Whedon is bringing his musical talents to a special "This American Life" in April.
* Earth, Wind and Fire and Chicago are teaming for a summer tour.
* Devo is working on its first album in about 20 years.
* Jason Michael Carrol's new album drops in late April.
The Top 13 battled it out tonight with the songs of Michael Jackson.
So, what yummy musical snacks have you feed your iPod lately? What's new on your musical machine?
My latest addition is lots and lots of Kings of Leon.
I bought the band's most recent album, and liked it well enough, but then I got the rest of their catalog. I'm definitely a fan of the band's older work. It has me dancing in my seat.
So, what's on your iPod? Share what you've got!
Happy Tuesday, Scene cats!
Last night I watched Nathan Fillion's new show, "Castle." I really enjoyed it! It was fresh, fast, funny...and did I mention Nathan Fillion is the star? :)
* This sounds kinda cool: Carrie Underwood has recorded a version of Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home," which will be the song played when contestants are kicked off "Idol."
* Rebecca Romijn will star in the "Witches of Eastwick" show.
* If you're going to see the Plain White T's sometime this year, here's what you can expect from their live show.
* Death Cab for Cutie will release a new EP soon.
* Rumors are that "Guitar Hero: Van Halen" is in the works.
* Old 97's Rhett Miller will release his fourth solo CD later this year.
* Here's scoop on the latest additions to "Dancing with the Stars."
"American Idol" is equal parts well-oiled machine and "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
In other words, tiny little media folk like yours truly can't talk to contestants or their families – even if they basically live down the road from us – which hurts me because I can't deliver the story to you myself.
So, I offer you the next best thing: interviews with Jasmine Murray that other folks have done.:)
Look for more as I continue to scour the Web for all things Jasmine!
* Check out Jasmine's profile on the "American Idol" Web site.
* See her MTV interview here.
* Entertainment Weekly has a big interview featuring all of the Top 13 contestants.
* Also, a film crew visited Mississippi State University Saturday to film some spots about Jasmine. Here's more info. (thanks Ginny!)
And here are some Jasmine Murray fan sites: