The specials start today and end Thursday, Sept. 13.
"I think it's a great way to promote downtown," said Jim Beane, owner of Bar-B-Q by Jim and president of the Tupelo Restaurant Association. "We have some great restaurants downtown and this shows people what we've got."
The event coincides with First Thursday tonight, when several downtown retailers stay open until 7. It ends next week with the Down on Main concert in Fairpark.
Park Heights owner Blair Hughes chaired the effort to create the restaurant week, which has been on the downtown agenda for a while.
"This is something that's done in a lot of major cities," she said.
"We did our research and saw what others were doing and came up with a hybrid. ... With each year, we want to add more elements and more restaurants."
RESTAURANT WEEK SPECIALS
Bar-B-Q by Jim
• 20 percent off barbecue sandwich plate. Choice of two sides.
• Breakfast special: sausage cream cheese croissants
• Lunch special: free drink with purchase of lunch
• 10 percent off all new menu items, such as nachos, pork tenderloin and various wraps and sliders.
• Free appetizer with purchase of lunch or dinner entree
Half and Half - $7
- Shrimp bisque
- Chopped salad with mozzarella, tomato, cashews and basil vinaigrette
- Chicken salad sandwich (half)
- Pimento cheese and fried green tomato sandwich (half)
3 courses - $22.50
- Park Heights Caesar OR mixed greens with pear vinaigrette, Roquefort and walnuts
- Park Heights crab dinner with whipped potatoes, green beans and remoulade OR pork tenderloin with lima-leek succotash and whipped sweet potatoes
- Warm bread pudding with caramel OR double chocolate mousse pie with raspberry sauce
Appetizer: BBQ chicken eggroll $4.99
Entree: sample platter: pulled pork, pulled chicken and ribs with two sides and Texas toast- $11.99
Stables Downtown Grill
Lunch: Wild Alaskan salmon with sides $8.95
Dinner: Extra thick, bone-in glazed pork chop with sides $13.95
Tea for T’arts Tea Room
– New fall menu and outdoor seating
- $1 off kids menu
– $3 off to-go orders
- 20 percent off tins of tea and other tea items
The Great American Grill inside The Hilton Garden Inn
- Buy one, get one free lunch special (weekdays only)
* Menu items and prices are subject to change. Prices do not include tax and gratuity.