Donations still sought for Amory’s birthday time capsule
AMORY – Organizers are still looking for items to fill the time capsule in honor of Amory’s 125th birthday. Originally scheduled to be buried Nov. 14, the the ceremony will now be Nov. 26 at 2 p.m.
“We’d still like an old cell phone and empty flash drive nobody’s using and church directories and cookbooks marked from this year, but nothing overly large. Already we’ve got items like a yearbook, an Amory Panthers keychain, a 2012 telephone book and a 2012 calendar, all representative of this year,” said Bo Miller, director of the Amory Regional Museum.
The time capsule, donated by the Gilmore Foundation, is 4 feet tall and 32 inches in diameter. It will be buried on the west side of the museum and reopen in 2087 for Amory’s 200th birthday.
“I’d imagine once people open it in 75 years, they’ll think about how simple life was in 2012. We think life in 1937 was so simple,” Miller said.
Donations can be dropped off with Miller at the museum or with Lorie Bryant at Amory Main Street.
Read more: Monroe360.com – Donations still sought for Amory’s birthday time capsule
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Makayla Pullen
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way April 17, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days in Spring April 20, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 20, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago