Amory, Aberdeen host Christmas parades this week
The county’s Christmas parades continue Monday and Tuesday in Amory and Aberdeen and wrap up Dec. 15 in Smithville. Here’s the rundown:
The Amory Christmas Parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 3. Grand marshal will be Amory’s Outstanding Citizen of the Year, Kevin Crook. Local school bands will participate. Characters appearing at the parade will be Rudolph, Grinch, Frosty and Mrs. Claus.
Aberdeen’s Christmas Parade is set for Tuesday, Dec. 4, at 7 p.m., originating at Matubba and traveling south down Commerce Street. Aberdeen High School and Junior High Bands will perform. An ICC float is scheduled for the parade. Rudolph, the Grinch, Frosty and Mrs. Claus are also making an appearance in the parade.
Smithville’s third annual Christmas Parade will be at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15. The Grand Marshall will be First Lady of Mississippi Deborah Bryant. Smithville High School, Hatley High School and Hamilton High School Bands will be performing.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago