Amory, Aberdeen host Christmas parades this week
The county’s Christmas parades continue Monday and Tuesday in Amory and Aberdeen and wrap up Dec. 15 in Smithville. Here’s the rundown:
The Amory Christmas Parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 3. Grand marshal will be Amory’s Outstanding Citizen of the Year, Kevin Crook. Local school bands will participate. Characters appearing at the parade will be Rudolph, Grinch, Frosty and Mrs. Claus.
Aberdeen’s Christmas Parade is set for Tuesday, Dec. 4, at 7 p.m., originating at Matubba and traveling south down Commerce Street. Aberdeen High School and Junior High Bands will perform. An ICC float is scheduled for the parade. Rudolph, the Grinch, Frosty and Mrs. Claus are also making an appearance in the parade.
Smithville’s third annual Christmas Parade will be at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15. The Grand Marshall will be First Lady of Mississippi Deborah Bryant. Smithville High School, Hatley High School and Hamilton High School Bands will be performing.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago