It's a wonderful life and the season can make it even more so
I love this time of the year. I am always anticipating the Christmas movies that come on television. Actually, there is an occasional Christmas movie that will come on all throughout the year, but they actually start about the second week in November.
I am not much on technology, but one thing I really like is the DVR. It makes it possible to see lots and lots of Christmas movies even if I am not at home.
Here it is Thanksgiving Eve as I write this and I already have 17 Christmas movies recorded and have seen several more. Last year, it was the middle of February before I saw the last Christmas movie I had recorded.
I plan to use the time off during Thanksgiving getting caught up on the ironing and getting the house ready for the holidays. That will give me plenty of free time to watch Christmas movies. Okay. I am addicted to them.
The reason I love the Christmas movies is there is nearly always a positive ending. People are kinder to others and if there are bumps in the road, they are usually straightened out by the end.
During the holidays, people are nicer to each other. Why can’t we do it all year long? I admit I prefer to wear rose-colored glasses. I’m not going to make an excuse for it.
That’s the way I prefer to live. I want everybody to be happy and love each other. Acquiring material things does not make happiness.
The movies are just a small part of the Christmas season for me. I can’t help but look back to when God sent his son, Jesus, to come to Earth as a human being to provide a way of salvation for us. That is why the Christmas season is so important. Since God gave the special gift of Jesus to us, even if we did not deserve it, we can also give gifts to others who are also undeserving. There are families and children out there who, by circumstances beyond their control, find themselves in need this time of year. We need to open our eyes and ask God to let us see as He sees. Then we need to act and help those people. The best feeling in the world is to help someone in need. There are many people who fall through the cracks. They do not meet the guidelines of some organizations or are too proud to admit they need help.
May we ask for special insight to see those in need, alone, sick or bereaved and bring some joy to them.
Thank God for your family and all the blessings He has bestowed upon you. If there have been unkind words between families and friends, this is the time of the year to remember how God has forgiven us many times and we can only pass it on to others.
We can then watch the special Christmas movies and know that this holiday season is indeed a special one.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Makayla Pullen
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago