Obituaries, Sept. 12, 2012
AMORY – Dottie Sue Knight Bennett, 76, died Monday, Sept. 4, 2012, at Golden Living Nursing Center in Amory. Born Sept. 19, 1935, in Alabama, she was a daughter of the late Arnie Oliver and Susie Knight.
She married James Calvin Bennett in 1951; he died in 1991. A woman of faith, she was a member of the East Amory Missionary Baptist Church. She enjoyed making and painting ceramics and shopping. Before her retirement, she worked at Amory Garment Co. and TPI Furniture and had worked in the gift shop at the Gilmore Memorial Hospital.
A celebration of life service was at 10 a.m. Sept. 8 at the E.E. Pickle Funeral Home Chapel in Amory with Bro. Byron Harris officiating. Burial was in the Pearce Chapel Cemetery.
Survivors include two daughters, Shelby McGarrh (Darrell) of Hatley and Sharon Harris (Jeff) of West Point; one son, Danny Bennett (Carrie Tucker) of Amory; one sister, Clara Mae King of Amory; 10 grandchildren, Brent Harris, Bradley Harris, Byron Harris, Stephen Bennett, Michael Scott Bennett, James Allen Bennett, Desiree’ Bennett, Brandon Hendrix, Jason Hendrix and Kristy Whitaker; and 12 great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one daughter, Karen Jo Bennett; and one son, Donny Bennett.
Pallbearers were Brent Harris, Bradley Harris, Stephen Bennett, Michael Scott Bennett, James Allen Bennett, Brandon Hendrix and Jason Hendrix.
Memories and condolences may be shared at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
Pensacola, Fla. – Sandra K. Tucker, 47, died on September 4, 2012, in Pensacola. She was born in Waukegan, Ill., and a homemaker.
A memorial service will be announced at a later date. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home is assisting the family locally.
Survivors include her children, Michael Stanford and Eric Mejia both of Pensacola; father, Harold Tucker of Hatley; one brother, Kenny Tucker (Lesia) of Hatley; grandchildren, Haley, Hilary, Zack, and Brayden; nieces and nephews, Haley Parker, Jason Gordon, Betsy Tucker, Leann Tucker, Austin Imel, and Trevor Tucker and her fiancé, Freddy Walker, Sr.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Annie Gray Lockhart; and one brother, Keith Tucker.
AMORY – Jerry Wayne Edlemon, 64, U.S. Army Vietnam veteran, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012, at the V.A. Hospital in Memphis.
A celebration of life service for family and friends will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012 at residence, 10082 Prairie Road, Aberdeen, MS 39730.
He is survived by his wife, Sandra Bagwell Edlemon of Amory; son, Kerry Wayne Edlemon (Amy) of Seattle, Wash.; two grandchildren, Clarabel and Francis of Seattle, Wash.; one sister, Judy Edlemon McCarty of Memphis, Tenn.; two brothers, Michael Edlemon of Tupelo and Jackie Edlemon of Tupelo; three nieces; and three nephews.
You can sign the register and send condolences online at www.tisdalelann memorial.com.
WREN – Waymon Gaines, 78, died Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2012, at Community Hospice at Darlington Oaks. He was born in LaPanto, Ark., on Feb. 15, 1934, to Howard McGrew and Emily Lucille Parchman Gaines. He loved fishing, playing cards, his animals and spending time with his family.
Services were at 11 a.m.Sept. 8 at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with Bro. Blake McCain officiating. Burial was in Verona City Cemetery.
Survivors include one daughter, Angela Phillips (David) of Wren; three grandsons, Chase Gaines (fiancée, Lucian), Cody Phillips and Cole Phillips, all of Wren; one stepson, David Newell (Becky) of Mooreville; two sisters, Doris Causey of Verona and Lois Seymore (Robert) of Shannon; four brothers, James Gaines of Verona, Glen Gaines of Tupelo, Larry Gaines (Mary) of Odenville, Ala., and Richard Gaines (Marilyn) of Pulaski, Tenn.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Rachael Moore Gaines; two sisters, Nadine Clardy and Shirley Mauldin; and two brothers, Billy Gaines and Milton Gaines.
Pallbearers were Phillip Harmon, Terry Sellers, Cody Phillips, Cole Phillips, Todd Bates and Scott White.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors, P.O. Box 1488, Tupelo, MS 38802.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
AMORY – William “Bill” McKinney, 88, died on Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012, at the Mississippi State Veterans’ Home in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by E.E. Pickle Funeral Home of Amory.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- Houston drops two to Noxubee February 15, 2017
- BIRTH: Easton Rhett Dendy February 19, 2017
- BIRTH: Swayze Jo Flora February 19, 2017
- County ponders TRPDD alliance February 20, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- ICC names Adult Learner scholars February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago