OUR OPINION: Christmas giving
There are many who have been hit hard by tough economic times. There are always many who have been given a bad lick in life.
Chickasaw County is fortunate to have a number of agencies that reach out to the downtrodden and those who need a little extra boost to catch up. The mark of a truly decent and special community is how they minister to the poor and those going through a tough time.
Many of us have been given the gift of a job, good health, strong family and friends in 2012. We hope you will realize your good fortune and respond by helping others.
In this season of love and light, The Chickasaw Journal wants to ask you to put one more gift under your tree. We want to ask you to consider making a sizable donation to your favorite charity, your church or a family who has fallen on hard times.
As you write out checks and swipe your card to purchase those gifts for family and friends, please remember that this time of year will be bleak and cold for many.
The agencies Chickasaw County has come to rely on to help those in need have also suffered from the Great Recession. Donations are down. Budgets have been cut. Services have been curtailed.
And the needs are larger than ever.
Yes, we urge you to go caroling, drop your change into offering plates and give small gifts to those you know.
We also urge you to remember that nothing solves so many of life’s problems like cold, hard cash.
This is the season to open your wallet Chickasaw County. This is the season to open you heart to help others. This is the season to give someone a truly Merry Christmas.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago