OUR OPINION: Christmas giving
There are many who have been hit hard by tough economic times. There are always many who have been given a bad lick in life.
Chickasaw County is fortunate to have a number of agencies that reach out to the downtrodden and those who need a little extra boost to catch up. The mark of a truly decent and special community is how they minister to the poor and those going through a tough time.
Many of us have been given the gift of a job, good health, strong family and friends in 2012. We hope you will realize your good fortune and respond by helping others.
In this season of love and light, The Chickasaw Journal wants to ask you to put one more gift under your tree. We want to ask you to consider making a sizable donation to your favorite charity, your church or a family who has fallen on hard times.
As you write out checks and swipe your card to purchase those gifts for family and friends, please remember that this time of year will be bleak and cold for many.
The agencies Chickasaw County has come to rely on to help those in need have also suffered from the Great Recession. Donations are down. Budgets have been cut. Services have been curtailed.
And the needs are larger than ever.
Yes, we urge you to go caroling, drop your change into offering plates and give small gifts to those you know.
We also urge you to remember that nothing solves so many of life’s problems like cold, hard cash.
This is the season to open your wallet Chickasaw County. This is the season to open you heart to help others. This is the season to give someone a truly Merry Christmas.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- Houston drops two to Noxubee February 15, 2017
- BIRTH: Easton Rhett Dendy February 19, 2017
- BIRTH: Swayze Jo Flora February 19, 2017
- County ponders TRPDD alliance February 20, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- ICC names Adult Learner scholars February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago