Holland “Buddy” Rogers, Jr.
BIG CREEK – Holland “Buddy” Rogers Jr., 66, died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at his home. He was born Oct. 2, 1946, in Calhoun County.
He was the owner of B&B One Stop in Grenada and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard.
Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Shiloh Baptist Church at Big Creek. The Rev. Joe Russell and the Rev. Robert Earl Alexander officiating. Burial was in Shiloh Cemetery at Big Creek. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Judy Haire Rogers of Big Creek; two daughters, Chance Rogers of Grenada and Teresa (Rick) Batton of Weatherford, Texas; one son, John Nabors of Grenada; sisters,Wanda (James) Black of Houston and Brenda (Ronald) Harville of Big Creek; brothers, Billy (Brenda) Rogers and David (Cynthia) Rogers, all of Big Creek; a special sister-in-law, Yvonne Rogers; a special brother-in-law, Jerry Haire; nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Jeff Holland Rogers and Louise Caulder Rogers; and a brother, John Sidney Rogers.
Pallbearers were Johnny Rogers Jr., Scott Rogers, Ronnie Rogers, D.J. Rogers, Jason Rogers, Rod Wells, Stanly Caulder and Tim Cardwell. Honorary pallbearers will be Charles Parker, Jerry Ward, Jerry Dunkelacker, Chris Terry and Jerry Haire.
The body will was placed in repose at the church one hour prior to service time.
Online condolences can be left at pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago