Houston native honored by Air Force
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A Mississippi airman with Chickasaw County roots was honored with the Gen. Lew Allen Award at ceremonies at the Pentagon recently.
Davis earned the award for his contribution to aircraft sortie generation while he was assigned as the lead production superintendent for the 478th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron at Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England. He was flown to the Pentagon for the Oct. 31 presentation.
Master Sgt. Davis is originally from Houston and is currently serving in the 748th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron stationed in Lakenheath. His mother is Rhonda Davis Barton of Duck Hill, formerly Rhonda Alexander of Houston. His father is Michael Davis of Houlka. His grandmother is Mrs. Dorothy Davis Griffin of Houlka. Davis’ uncle is Jackie Alexander of Houston.
Maj. Jennifer Gurganus, of USAF Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officer School director of operations from Nellis AFB, Nev., was the other Gen. Lew Allen Award recipient.
Air Force officials honor an officer and senior NCO in the maintenance career field whose efforts have a big impact on the service with the Gen. Lew Allen Award annually.
Davis and Gurganus were presented their awards by Gen. Larry Spencer, vice chief of staff of the Air Force.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Mantee woman charged with feed store burglary August 20, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers down East Webster, 2-1 August 24, 2016
- Associate Degrees awarded at ICC for Spring 2016 August 24, 2016
- Man arrested on drug charges August 24, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Calling for help August 25, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago