Sullivan honored by Farm Bureau
JACKSON – The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation presented its Friend of Agriculture Award to Representative Preston Sullivan of Okolona. He represents House District 22 comprised of Calhoun, Chickasaw, and Pontotoc counties. He is the Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee.
“Chairman Sullivan has worked hard with Farm Bureau on many issues including agritourism, immigration reform, and funding for ag research,” said Farm Bureau President Randy Knight. “His work on the issue of agritourism helped Farm Bureau pass the bill that gives farmers some liability protection when visitors are on their farm.”
“What better way is there to inform children about agriculture than to take them on a tour of a farm?” said Sullivan. “They are going to tell their mother what a good time they had and why they saw and what they learned that day. And the mother is going to tell dad. So, things like that are just good ways to promote agriculture.”
Representative Sullivan is a cattleman from Okolona and also serves on the Appropriations, and the Conservation and Water Resources Committees.
Mississippi Farm Bureau President Randy Knight presented Jason Hill of Woodland with a pocket watch commemorating his term on the Mississippi Farm Bureau State Board of Directors.
Hill has been the state chairman for the Young Farmers and Ranchers Program.
Mississippi Farm Bureau is the largest general farm organization in the state with nearly 200,000 member families and is an advocate for agriculture.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- MDOT moves forward with Hwy. 15 work August 21, 2016
- Okolona offense tramples Nettleton August 25, 2016
- County fire ratings drop August 25, 2016
- MBN makes drug arrest August 25, 2016
- Pontotoc rains on Houston August 25, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago