Okolona’s Tim Bowens on Dolphins’ Walk of Fame
The 2012 Walk of Fame honorees selected by the Dolphins’ organization were recognized as “Unsung Heroes” for their unselfish contribution to their teams and willingness to go above and beyond their roles in any way they were asked.
Other honorees for this year’s class include linebacker A.J. Duhe, defensive lineman Manny Fernandez, wide receiver Nat Moore and quarterbacks Earl Morrall and Don Strock.
Bowens, who played at Ole Miss, joins the likes of inaugural Walk of Fame honorees, former owner Joe Robbie, coach Don Shula, linebacker Nick Buoniconti, fullback Larry Csonka, quarterbacks Dan Marino and Bob Griese, centers Dwight Stephenson and Jim Langer, guard Larry Little and wide receiver Paul Warfield.
“To see my name going up amongst the greats is such an honor,” Bowens said in an interview with The Finsiders.
Inductees’ names are etched in stone at the Joe Robbie Alumni Plaza at Sun Life Stadium.
Bowens, who played for Miami from 1994-2004 and helped the Dolphins reach the playoffs seven times, was inducted into the ICC Athletic Hall of Fame in 2010 after earning National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-American honors and being a two-time Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) All-State selection.
For more information on ICC football and the nine other intercollegiate athletic programs visit www.LetsGoICC.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago