WEST POINT – William R. “Billy” Hamlin, 71, passed away on Monday, Dec. 17, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus. He was born Oct. 29, 1941, in Clay County to Margie Lee Willis and William Rooker Hamlin. He was a butcher, and the owner and operator of Hamlin’s Grocery in West Point for 34 years. He was a member of West End Baptist Church. He was a 1961 graduate of West Point High School and a United States Navy veteran of the Vietnam War. He married Wanda Byrd Hamlin on June 12, 1982, in West Point.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with the Rev. R.C. Bryan officiating. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery in West Point. Calvert Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Wanda B. Hamlin of West Point; three daughters, Alisa Massey (Kent) and Melinda J. Hadley, all of Kissimmee, Fla., and Stacy Riley (Andy) of West Point; three sons, Chris Hamlin (Angela) of Kissimmee, Fla., Alan Easter (Sha) of Becker and Jason Easter of West Point; 12 grandchildren, Justin Hadley, Jamie Massey, Kenterra Massey, Caleb Easter, Danielle Riley, Zachery Easter, Katie Easter, Lacy Riley, Drake Riley, Drew Riley, Madi Easter and Marli Easter; one great-granddaughter, Bella Hadley; two sisters, Mary Emma Hamlin of Panama City, Fla., and Marie Kelley (Olen) of West Point; and one brother, Buddy Hamlin of West Point.
Pallbearers will be Jeff Harlow, Gary Golson, Joe McMillian, Robert Pittman, Mac Steadman and Alan (Abele) Pennington.
Memorials may be made to Sally Kate Winters Home for Children, P.O. Box 1233, West Point, MS 39773; Fellowship Baptist Church, 1491 Frye Road, Starkville, MS 39759; or to the church of your choice.
Visitation will be from 9 to 10 a.m. Thursday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago