Betty Jo Sanderson
WEST POINT – Betty Jo “B.J.” Sanderson, 73, passed away on Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Nov. 30, 1939, in Houston to Maynette Neal and James Horace Smith. She worked for the City of West Point Housing Authority and later retired from Diversified Property Management, where she managed apartments. She was a member of Lone Oak Baptist Church. She married Doyan Joe Sanderson on Aug. 30, 1968, in Houston and he preceded her on Aug. 6, 1985.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with Dr. James Towery officiating. Burial will follow in Memorial Garden Cemetery in West Point. Calvert Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her stepson, James Renn Sanderson (Marsha) of Atoka, Tenn.; one stepgranddaughter, Chancy Walker (Kevin) of Atoka, Tenn.; two stepgreat-grandchildren, Tucker and Kristen Walker, both of Atoka, Tenn.; her sister, Gail S. Rhea (Glen) of West Point; her brothers, Jerry D. Smith of Memphis, Larry N. Smith (Ruth) and Jimmy D. Smith (Jamie), both of Houston; a number of nieces and nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was predeced in death by her nephew, Ricky Smith.
Pallbearers will be Keith Smith, Jeffery Chaney, Larry Smith Jr., and Joey Wright.
Honorary pallbearers will be Mr. and Mrs. James I. Rhea, Linda Fulgham, and her friends at the Henry Clay Retirement Community.
Memorials may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, P. O. Box 2177, Tupelo, MS 38803 or to the Henry Clay Retirement Community, 133 Commerce St., West Point, MS 39773.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Friday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 26, Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago