HOUSTON – Winnie Celestine “Tootsie” Sansing Weaver, 87, died Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born July 26, 1925, in Houlka to Clealon Sansing and Verla Alene Hinton Sansing. She was a retired seamstress for Shannon Chair Company, a member of Woodland Baptist Church, and attended Macedonia United Methodist Church while she was able.
Services will be at 11 a.m. today at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Steve Lampkin officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Woodland. Houston Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Judy K. (Russell) Butler of Amory; her son, Jerry Edwin (Donna) Weaver of Houston; her half-brother, Joe Wade Sansing of Houlka; her grandchildren, Troy Alan (Stacy) Weaver of Starkville, Michelle Dawn (William) George of Amory and Angela Kay (Eric) Swan of Amory; her great-grandchildren, Matthew Charles Weaver, Addison Grace Weaver, Noah Daniel Swan, Madison Aleric “Ali” Swan, Evan Reid George, Carys Elizabeth George; and her step great-grandchildren, Anna Beth Robertson and Andrew Robertson.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Claude Edwin Weaver; her parents; her step-mother, Annie Eloise Bryant Sansing; her infant daughter, Verla Claudine Weaver; her infant great-granddaughter, Bella Katherine George; her sisters, Quida Bell Maharrey, Madine McWhirter; her half-brothers, Bobby Ray Sansing, Luther Dallas Sansing, James Clealon Sansing, and William Glen Sansing.
Pallbearers will be Troy Weaver, William George, Eric Swan, Noel McWhirter, Sam McWhirter and Van McWhirter.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until service time today at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Palmer Home for Children, P.O. Box 746, Columbus, MS 39703.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 26, Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Houlka aldermen hold budget hearing October 27, 2016
- County formally amends 2016 budget October 27, 2016
- Louisville edges Toppers October 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago