MANTEE – Mary Nell Davis Davison, 92, died Saturday, Dec. 22, 2012, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 31, 1920, in Chickasaw County to Joseph Wesley “Jodie” Davis and Lois Kimbell Davis. She was a retired homemaker, retail sales clerk and a deputy clerk for the Webster County Sheriff’s Department. She enjoyed her church as long as she was able to attend. She enjoyed her family, especially her grandsons. In her later years, she enjoyed traveling with her daughter and son-in-law.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Houston Funeral Home with the Rev. William Carpenter officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Mantee. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Mackie and Billy Willis of Mantee; her grandsons, David and Stacy Marie Willis of Ellijay, Ga.; Dr. Danny Willis of Boston, Mass.; and her many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Adolphus D. “Dave” Davison on June 8, 2007; her daughter, Mary Dolph Davison; her sister, Bonnie Henley; and her brothers, Bryant T. Davis and Ross K. Davis.
Pallbearers are her nephews, Kim Davis, Billy Wilemon, Drew Pruitt, Greg Hunter, Mike Davis, and Toby Davis.
Honorary pallbearers are her Church Family.
Visitation will be from noon until 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Mantee Baptist Church Building Fund, P.O. Box 161, 1151 Main St., Mantee, MS 39751, to Mt. Pleasant Cemetery Fund, Mantee, MS 39751; or to Sanctuary Hospice House, P.O. Box 2177, Tupelo, MS 38803.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 26 Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago