PONTOTOC – Alice Katherine Shuler, 80, died Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 28, 1932, to Flora Blansett Higginbotham and Jack Higginbotham of Houston. She worked all her life as a seamstress in the garment and furniture industries. She loved flowers, quilting, gospel music and her family.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc with Bro. Bennie Randolph officiating. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery.
Survivors include her best friend of 51 years, Ollie Vaughn; three sisters, Melba Higginbotham Bishop (Doug) of Tupelo, Eardeal Higginbotham Foster of Pontotoc and Maxine Higginbotham Winsett of Vardaman; three grandchildren, Stacie Shuler Whitten (Alan) of Blue Springs, Terri Shuler Sanders (Tracy) of Ecru and David Shuler (Rhonda) of Pontotoc; seven great-grandchildren, Glenda Carr Mixon (Joseph) of Pontotoc, Allicia Carr of Blue Springs, Tiffany Shuler, Brandon Shuler, Billy Sanders, Brianna Sanders and Nathan Sanders, all of Pontotoc, Gary Shuler and Lela Shuler of Cleveland, Tenn.; two special nieces, Vicki Griffin Ferguson (David) of Oxford and Michelle Vaughn Bryant (Mike) of Houlka; and great-great-grandchildren, Matt Mixon and Isabella Mixon of Pontotoc and Nathan Carr of Blue Springs.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her son, Nathan Shuler Jr.; her husband, Nathan Shuler; a daughter-in-law, Glenda Gregory Shuler; a sister, Ruby Higginbotham Long; and a stepson, Franklin Shuler.
Pallbearers will be David Ferguson, Billy Foster, Jerry Carr, Larry Young, Billy Tackett and Frankie Paepke. Doug Bishop will be an honorary pallbearer.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today and from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday.
Memorials may be made to Pontotoc Apostolic Church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka buys body cams for PD August 24, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago