DERMA – Dwight Barnett died Friday, Dec. 21, 2012, at his home. He was born Oct. 24, 1956, in Vardaman to Milton and Martha Barnett. He was carpenter and electrician, and a member of the Thorn Church of God. He served in the National Guard for nine years.
A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 27, at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston with Bro. Dale Mooneyham and Bro. Greg Moss officiating.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 5, Chickasaw Journal.
Survivors include one son, Brandon Barnett and Kathryn of Eupora; one daughter, Leigh Ann Barnett of Woodland; two stepchildren, Keith Chadwick of Amite, La., and Tammy Partridge and Hubbard of Jackson; five grandchildren, Kason Grant Barnett, Jadyn Weaver, Cameron Kilgore, Dillon Ferguson and Anna Clair Cole; three sisters, Marty Parker and Larry of Mantee, Barbara Moore and Larry of Houston, and Brenda Russell and Buster of Derma; one brother Jimmy Lynn Barnett of Derma.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Nancy Barnett; his parents, Milton and Martha Barnett; two brothers, Kenneth Barnett and Robert Earl Barnett.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Thursday at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be left at www.southernfuneralchapel.webs.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago