SHANNON – Katherine Smith Foster, 87, died on Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born on June 25, 1925, in Chickasaw County to Edd and Fisher Smith.
She attended school at Mary Holmes Junior College in West Point, where she graduated from high school. She married George Foster on Oct. 1,1946, and they were together until his death in 1984. She found Christ at an early age and was baptized at High Chapel CME Church in Shannon. Later she joined Johnson Chapel, where she was a devoted member until her death. Her grandchildren were the light of her life.
She is survived by her children, Gloria Jean Cheeks of Chicago, Ill., Vernola (Tom Henry) Lyles and Theodis (Jerlena) Foster of Shannon, Raeliasha Anderson of Dallas, Texas; three brothers, Ozzie (Juanita) Smith of Cleveland, Ohio, George Larry (Lillian) Spragin of Shannon and Jesse Smith of Kalamazoo, Mich.; three sisters-in-law, Mildred Smith of Grand Rapids, Betty Spragin of Cleveland, Ohio, and Annie Foster of Shannon; two brothers-in-law, Roberts (Luverta) Foster and Harry Foster of Shannon; a cousin, Kay Smith of Houston, Texas; and her grandchildren, Vanessa Sanders, Daven and Daniel Sanders, and DaKoda Ky’Mani Foster.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 28, at Johnson Chapel M.B. Church with the Rev. Marvin McWhorter officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. N.L. Jones Funeral Directors is in charge of the arrangements.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago