WEST POINT – Johnny Smith Simmons, 64, passed away on Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012, at his daughter’s home in Jackson. He was born May 24, 1948, in West Point to Margaret Willis and Smith Doyle Simmons. He worked as a licensed appraiser. He was of the Baptist faith.
Services will be at 10 a.m. today at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point. The Rev. Melvin Mordecai and his grandsons, John Wesley Williamson and Landon Brackett, will speak for the family. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery. Calvert Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 2, Chickasaw Journal
Survivors include two daughters, Michelle Williamson (Wes) of West Point and Tonya Brackett (Keith) of Jackson; five grandchildren, John Wesley Williamson, Mallory Williamson, Landon Brackett, Rivers Brackett and Skylar Brackett; two sisters, Jane Hill of Vicksburg and Irene McDonald (Ed) of Pontotoc.
He was preceded in death by a grandson, Christopher Adam Brackett.
Pallbearers will be Ben Hill, Lee Hill, Justin Moorman, and his nephews, Larry Willis, Leon Simmons, and Clyde “Baby Doll” Pierce.
Memorials may be made to ALS Association, Attn: Brandi Nickles, 1350 East Woodrow Wilson, Jackson, MS 39216.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago