Hilltoppers fall to Blue Devils
Booneville’s run-and-gun is a new look. Coach Michael Smith said it was an effort to get his offense rolling.
“We just felt like with the kind of kids we had, we needed to,” Smith said. “It was not perfect by any means, but I felt like it at least got us loose.”
Geno had 16 points and 15 rebounds, including a pair of thunderous putback slams. Jack Nichols had 19.
By the time Jordan Miller raced the length of the court for a lay-in just before the half, the Blue Devils led 49-19.
Houston (9-3) played without starting point guard Chris Thorton but fell behind early. Booneville scored the game’s first six points.
“I didn’t get the effort I’ve been getting all year, weren’t ready to play tonight,” Houston coach Bruce Franks said.
“We played a good ballclub. They were fast, played better as a team and wanted it much, much more than we did.”
The game took less than 90 minutes. The teams combined for only 15 free throws.
Jones had 14 points for Houston, Anquan Russell 13. Jones had a stout dunk of his own but was called for a charge against Geno. Jones scored the next four but Booneville used a 15-2 run in the second quarter to take a 33-9 lead on a pair of free throws from Geno.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago