HOUSTON — Sarah Cornelia Smith Brand, 100, died Monday, Dec. 31, 2012, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born Oct. 13, 1912, in Chickasaw County to William David Smith, Jr. and Lorena Lyles Smith.
She was a retired LPN and homemaker, and a member of Houston First Baptist Church where she was a former Sunday school teacher and G.A. leader.
Services are Thursday, Jan. 3, at 11 a.m. at Houston Funeral Home with Rev. Mike Dearman officiating. Burial will follow at Houston Cemetery.
Houston Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 9, Chickasaw Journal.
Survivors include children, Judge W. W. Brand, Jr. and wife, Betty of Houston, Ann Colbert and husband, Thomas of Flowood, and Nancy Montgomery of Gulfport; grandchildren, Betsy Hurst and husband, Michael of Houston, Texas, Dr. W.W. Brand, III and wife, Mindy of Amory, Thomas Colbert, Jr. of Flowood, Marcy Bertling and husband, Buddy of Lompac, Calif., and Dean Montgomery of Gulfport; great-grandchildren, Katie Deakins and husband, Kyle of Casper, WY, Josie , Daniel, and Sarah Grace Bertling of Lompac, Gus, Will and Lee Brand of Amory.
She was preceded in death by her husband, W.W. Brand, Sr., granddaughter, Christy Colbert Butler and son-in-law, Donald Dean Montgomery, parents, and eight siblings.
Pallbearers are her grandsons.
Visitation is from 10 a.m. until service time Thursday at Houston Funeral Home.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message at the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Coaching the game he loves March 19, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago