LOCAL FOCUS: Turner Insurance
Owner: Chris C. Turner
Location: 216 Walker Street, Houlka
Phone: (662) 451-8196.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday or by appointment.
Chris Turner doesn’t sell insurance, he serves customers.
Turner began his business in Houlka in 2007 but has been working in the field of insurance since 2000.
“My great-grandfather actually opened an insurance company in his store in Houlka in 1905 selling insurance for Western Assurance out of Canada,” said Turner. “With a heritage like that I take a lot of pride in serving the customers I have year after year.”
An independent agent, Turner Insurance offers life, health, home, auto, Medicare supplements, prescription drug coverage, disability income replacement, long-term care, final-expense, bonding, commercial, employee benefits and group products and guaranteed issue health insurance.
“I tease people and said I may not be the first person you come to, but I will be the last,” said Turner. “Being an independent agent I can tailor your insurance to fit your specific needs. I can also shop around for the most affordable price based on the coverage you want.”
In a rapidly changing insurance environment, Turner urged people to carefully weigh the changes they make in managing risk. He pointed out an independent agent shops nationally and even internationally for the best price and the best coverage.
“I encourage people to shop around, but I also urge them to find a good agent and stick with them,” said Turner. “When it is time for you to use your insurance, you want someone who knows you, someone who can walk you through the process and someone who stays by your side until all is made right.”
Turner said he has clients in Houlka, Houston and Okolona that have been with him for years. He also pointed to customers across Mississippi who have been doing business with him for years because they are pleased with the service of Turner Insurance.
“Insurance is never a on size fits all business,” said Turner. “We search diligently for the best coverage and price and I take a lot of satisfaction in calling a customer and telling them I have found them better coverage for a lower price. It’s just the way I do business.”
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago