MEMPHIS – Carol Wayne Bond, 85, died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012, at Methodist Hospital East in Germantown, Tenn. He was born Dec. 7, 1927, in Sarepta. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and a member of First Baptist Church of Hickory Withe. He was a retired chemical operator for Velsicol Chemical Co. of Memphis.
Services will be at noon Thursday, Jan. 3, at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church in Bruce. Bro. Eddie Little will officiate, and Dr. Kerry Bond and Bro. Kevin Chrestman will assist. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Maveline Chrestman Bond of Memphis; two sons, Philip Bond of Memphis and Dr. Kerry (Zel) Bond of Knoxville, Tenn.; a brother, Zerrel Thomas Bond of Bruce; five grandchildren, Casey (Kevin) McDaniel of Memphis and Devon (Jason) Elkins, both of Memphis, and Wesleigh Bond, Alexandra Bond and Nigel Bond, all of Knoxville, Tenn.; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, James Nelson Bond and Mary Deamie Logan Bond, and a son, James Author Bond.
Pallbearers will be Nigel Bond, Tony Bond, Colt Chrestman, Josh Elkins, Benjamin Jeffreys, Kevin McDaniel, Bill Smith and Jason White.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 9, Chickasaw Journal.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until noon Thursday at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago