MEMPHIS – Carol Wayne Bond, 85, died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012, at Methodist Hospital East in Germantown, Tenn. He was born Dec. 7, 1927, in Sarepta. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and a member of First Baptist Church of Hickory Withe. He was a retired chemical operator for Velsicol Chemical Co. of Memphis.
Services will be at noon Thursday, Jan. 3, at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church in Bruce. Bro. Eddie Little will officiate, and Dr. Kerry Bond and Bro. Kevin Chrestman will assist. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Maveline Chrestman Bond of Memphis; two sons, Philip Bond of Memphis and Dr. Kerry (Zel) Bond of Knoxville, Tenn.; a brother, Zerrel Thomas Bond of Bruce; five grandchildren, Casey (Kevin) McDaniel of Memphis and Devon (Jason) Elkins, both of Memphis, and Wesleigh Bond, Alexandra Bond and Nigel Bond, all of Knoxville, Tenn.; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, James Nelson Bond and Mary Deamie Logan Bond, and a son, James Author Bond.
Pallbearers will be Nigel Bond, Tony Bond, Colt Chrestman, Josh Elkins, Benjamin Jeffreys, Kevin McDaniel, Bill Smith and Jason White.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 9, Chickasaw Journal.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until noon Thursday at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies tase suspect in shots fired call October 15, 2016
- PREP ROUNDUP: Vardaman, Houlka, Louisville, Pontotoc October 19, 2016
- Lady Toppers take first round October 19, 2016
- Few storms, small hail expected tonight and Thursday October 19, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago