Ole Miss recruiting Houston’s Chris Jones
“It’s been exciting,” said Jones. “You get to relate to some of those guys, see what they’re like.”
The 6-foot-7, 255-pounder is spending the week in Florida but the talk Wednesday wasn’t about where Jones is this week. It quickly became about where he will be next season.
Jones is considered by many to be Mississippi State’s strongest verbal commitment.
“You know, you never know what the future brings, but I’m still with Mississippi State,” Jones said.
He confirmed he got an offer from in-state rival Ole Miss on Tuesday.
Nkemdiche said Ole Miss remains his top choice, followed by LSU and Florida.
Conner has his own options, MSU and Ole Miss among them. He plans to announce his college choice live on ESPN during Friday’s game. Alabama and Auburn remain in the hunt.
Jones said he has been trying to get Conner to join him at Mississippi State.
“I’ve kind of got a feeling where he’s going but I ain’t going to say it just yet,” Jones said, then laughed. “I know where he’s going. Me, him and Nkemdiche, we’re really tight. I’m 85 percent sure (where they’re going). Give me $50, I’ll tell you.”
The trio got a good laugh out of the joke but it’s a topic that won’t go away until national signing day in February.
Nkemdiche, whose older brother Denzel has become a star linebacker at Ole Miss, has already de-committed from Clemson. He admitted a package deal isn’t out of the question.
“We always talk about (recruiting). We have a little something in the bag,” Nkemdiche said. “We’re not saying too much right now but we talk about recruiting.”
Visit nemisspreps.com for video and latest info on Under Armor Bowl.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Samford names Herrod to Dean’s List July 20, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago