Dr. Keith Young
BALDWYN – Dr. Jerry Keith Young, 53, died Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at his residence. He was a member of West Heights Baptist Church. He was a graduate of Pontotoc High School Class of 1977, University of Mississippi in 1981, University of Mississippi School of Medicine in 1985 and South Alabama Psychiatry Program in 1989. He worked at Pioneer Community Health Services, Region III Mental Health Services and Calhoun County Senior Care Unit. He was a member of American Psychiatric Association and numerous other professional medical associations.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Browning Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. David Hamilton officiating. Burial will follow in the Pontotoc Memorial Gardens. Browning Funeral Home in Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Cheryl Young of Baldwyn; his son, Tyler Young of Austin, Texas; his daughter, Roxanne Lindsey (Brent) of Guntown; his mother, Sarah Young of Pontotoc; one sister, Jennifer Hufano of Las Vegas, Nev.; two brothers, James Young of Tupelo and Randy A. Young of Pontotoc; two granddaughters, Demi Lindsey and Brentlee Lindsey; three nieces, Anna McCarley, Mary Alyson Lowry and Sarah Hufano; and three nephews Ryan Scott Stutsy, Benjamin Hufano and Luke Gillespie.
He was preceded in death by his father, James Young Sr.; two infant sisters; and his grandparents, Alan Alford Henry and Mary Anna Mitchell Henry.
Pallbearers will be Brent Lindsey, Scott McCarley, Ruffin Lowry, Chad Farris, Jon Michael DeFillipo and Arrie Montgomery. Honorary pallbearer will be Mike Rasco.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Region III Mental Health Center, 2434 S. Eason Blvd., Tupelo, MS 38804.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago