Dr. Keith Young
BALDWYN – Dr. Jerry Keith Young, 53, died Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at his residence. He was a member of West Heights Baptist Church. He was a graduate of Pontotoc High School Class of 1977, University of Mississippi in 1981, University of Mississippi School of Medicine in 1985 and South Alabama Psychiatry Program in 1989. He worked at Pioneer Community Health Services, Region III Mental Health Services and Calhoun County Senior Care Unit. He was a member of American Psychiatric Association and numerous other professional medical associations.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Browning Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. David Hamilton officiating. Burial will follow in the Pontotoc Memorial Gardens. Browning Funeral Home in Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Cheryl Young of Baldwyn; his son, Tyler Young of Austin, Texas; his daughter, Roxanne Lindsey (Brent) of Guntown; his mother, Sarah Young of Pontotoc; one sister, Jennifer Hufano of Las Vegas, Nev.; two brothers, James Young of Tupelo and Randy A. Young of Pontotoc; two granddaughters, Demi Lindsey and Brentlee Lindsey; three nieces, Anna McCarley, Mary Alyson Lowry and Sarah Hufano; and three nephews Ryan Scott Stutsy, Benjamin Hufano and Luke Gillespie.
He was preceded in death by his father, James Young Sr.; two infant sisters; and his grandparents, Alan Alford Henry and Mary Anna Mitchell Henry.
Pallbearers will be Brent Lindsey, Scott McCarley, Ruffin Lowry, Chad Farris, Jon Michael DeFillipo and Arrie Montgomery. Honorary pallbearer will be Mike Rasco.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Region III Mental Health Center, 2434 S. Eason Blvd., Tupelo, MS 38804.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka Cornbread Festival set for Oct. 8 August 17, 2016
- MDOT moves forward with Hwy. 15 work August 21, 2016
- JASON BROOKS: CDF thanks picnic area donors August 21, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week August 21, 2016
- Houston hammering out employee handbook August 22, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers down East Webster, 2-1 August 24, 2016
- Houlka buys body cams for PD August 24, 2016
- Okolona man in custody after high speed chase August 23, 2016
- Crime victims get $3.7 million in compensation August 23, 2016
- Sheriff seeks info in cemetery vandalism August 23, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago