HOUSTON – Mamie Modell Hatcher Robbins, 77, formerly of Ripley, died Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 24, 1935, to Luther Hatcher and Hazel Robertson Hatcher. She was a member of Fellowship Baptist Church. She worked at Delta Trousers-Meadow Sportswear in Okolona.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Ripley Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Bill Baker officiating. Burial will in Pine Grove Cemetery.
She is survived by one daughter, Lisa McCary (Mark) of Houston; one son, Marty Robbins (Cindy) of Mooreville; two sisters, Diane Reeves of Blue Springs and Eloise Hurt of Ripley; two brothers, Lane Hatcher (Lettie) of Dumas and Johnny Hatcher (Eva) of Guntown; one brother-in-law, Montroy Robbins; one grandchild, Nicholas McCary of Houston.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Edgar A. Robbins; her parents; eight sisters, Angie Till, Nettie Newby, Sally Robbins, Lorene Grant, Ludie Wilbanks, Bessie Holt, Ruby Haynes and Maybelle Hurt; and five brothers, Jody, Hyman, Orvid, Murry and Loyd Hatcher.
Pallbearers will be Kenneth Wilbanks, Jr. Wilbanks, Edward Martin, Dale Wilbanks, Mark McCary and Nicholas McCary.
Visitation will be from 5 until 8 p.m. Friday at Ripley Funeral Home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka Cornbread Festival set for Oct. 8 August 17, 2016
- Okolona woman rediscovers her voice August 20, 2016
- MDOT moves forward with Hwy. 15 work August 21, 2016
- JASON BROOKS: CDF thanks picnic area donors August 21, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week August 21, 2016
- Okolona man in custody after high speed chase August 23, 2016
- Crime victims get $3.7 million in compensation August 23, 2016
- Sheriff seeks info in cemetery vandalism August 23, 2016
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- West Nile case reported in Chickasaw County August 22, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago