Stress free holidays for Houlka teachers
The School Health Council, in partnership with local businesses and the parent support group, sponsored a mini-spa day complete with massages, treats and door prizes.
“It’s a staff wellness day,” said school nurse Chandra Warren. “Our health council and HOPE put it on and local businesses provided gifts for door prizes.”
The council is made of school staff as well as community members and are focusing on overall health for teachers, students and the public.
“It’s one of the ways we can try to improve the health of our staff members and community members, too,” Warren said. “For our teachers, we need the here at school to teach and being stress free is one of the things we can do.”
Therapists from the Massage Center in Tupelo provided massages and local businesses donated gifts.
“Most of them are health related,” Warren said.
One of the priorities of the health council is to ensure that needs are met to assist with a healthy lifestyle.
“We look at ways to improve our staff wellness and health,” Warren said. “If it’s a CPR class or something on tobacco abuse, therapy or health screenings.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way April 17, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days in Spring April 20, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 20, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago