Stress free holidays for Houlka teachers
The School Health Council, in partnership with local businesses and the parent support group, sponsored a mini-spa day complete with massages, treats and door prizes.
“It’s a staff wellness day,” said school nurse Chandra Warren. “Our health council and HOPE put it on and local businesses provided gifts for door prizes.”
The council is made of school staff as well as community members and are focusing on overall health for teachers, students and the public.
“It’s one of the ways we can try to improve the health of our staff members and community members, too,” Warren said. “For our teachers, we need the here at school to teach and being stress free is one of the things we can do.”
Therapists from the Massage Center in Tupelo provided massages and local businesses donated gifts.
“Most of them are health related,” Warren said.
One of the priorities of the health council is to ensure that needs are met to assist with a healthy lifestyle.
“We look at ways to improve our staff wellness and health,” Warren said. “If it’s a CPR class or something on tobacco abuse, therapy or health screenings.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago