Confederate cemetery receives grant
The Tupelo Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, John J. Hart Chapter and the General M.P. Lowery 1608 Chapter of Blue Mountain made a contribution of $600 to the Okolona Confederate Cemetery recently.
The cemetery is slated to be the centerpiece of a Civil War re-enactment and efforts are being made by Okolona to spruce up the site.
To date, $30,000 has been raised by the steering committee for the cemetery renovation.
The renovation is slated to include new fencing and the installation of 13 new flagpoles.
Anyone wanting to make a contributions can do so by contacting committee member, Estelle Ivy, P.O. Box 111, Okolona, MS or calling Okolona City Hall at 447-5461 or the Okolona Chamber of Commerce at 447-5913.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- One county courthouse discussed in Okolona October 17, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago