Jones makes most of Under Armour Game
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – It didn’t take Houston’s Chris Jones long to have an impact in the 2013 Under Armour All-America Game.
“I did all right. I feel like I could have done a whole lot better,” Jones said. “I didn’t play as much as I thought I would. I tried to make the best out of the time I did play.”
“He’s got an explosive first step, some really great things going for him,” said former Penn State linebacker and No. 2 NFL Draft pick LaVar Arrington. “All he has to do is keep adding things to his toolbox.”
Highlight took a 3-0 lead on UCLA commit Sean Covington’s 25-yard field goal. Alabama commits Cooper Bateman and Josh McNeil hooked up for a 10-0 Highlight lead on Bateman’s 12-yard pass. Ryan Santoso kicked a 44-yard field goal for Nitro.
Jones forced a fumble early in the third in a game that saw 12 turnovers, eight from Highlight Covington kicked a pair of field goals (31, 30) in the fourth.
Jones played for former San Francisco 49ers and Detroit Lions coach Steve Mariucci. Former NFL great Deion Sanders was an assistant.
“They keep the momentum up. The atmosphere was great,” Jones said. “I’m ready to get to the next level.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC offers manufacturing program July 20, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Hebron honors hoop champions July 22, 2016
- Houston, Houlka, Okolona districts get “C” July 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago