HOUSTON – Juana Joyce Myatt, 74, died Monday, Jan. 7, 2013, at North Mississippi hospital in West Point. She was born Jan. 6, 1939, in Van Vleet to Jack Brock and Ruby Parks Brock.
She was a member of First Baptist Church. She was a homemaker with various areas of employment. She worked beside her husband, Auzie, in their construction business and sold real estate for 40 years. She was a loving mother who lived her life for her children and husband.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, at Memorial Funeral Home with Randy Rinehart and Donny Davis officiating. Burial will be at Houston Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her husband, Auzie Norris Myatt Sr. of Houston; her daughter, Joy Cecile Myatt Baker (Bennie) of Houston; her son, Auzie Norris Myatt Jr. (Edie) of Houston; three grandsons, Auzie Neal Myatt (Keli), Auzie Andrew Myatt and Auzie Norris Myatt III, all of Houston; one great-granddaughter, Kaley Victoria Myatt of Houston; three sisters, Clytee Hester of Houston, Hazel Harmon of Houston and Jackie Hughes (Culley) of Tupelo; and one brother, Danny Brock of Van Vleet.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Jack and Ruby Brock; her brother, Billy Brock; and her sister, Norma Nell Brock.
Pallbearers will be Curtis Hare, Neal Myatt, Andrew Myatt, Mitch Alford, Ethan Nanney and Chris Hester.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 16, Chickasaw Journal.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to American Heart Association.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago