HOUSTON – Juana Joyce Myatt, 74, died Monday, Jan. 7, 2013, at North Mississippi hospital in West Point. She was born Jan. 6, 1939, in Van Vleet to Jack Brock and Ruby Parks Brock.
She was a member of First Baptist Church. She was a homemaker with various areas of employment. She worked beside her husband, Auzie, in their construction business and sold real estate for 40 years. She was a loving mother who lived her life for her children and husband.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, at Memorial Funeral Home with Randy Rinehart and Donny Davis officiating. Burial will be at Houston Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her husband, Auzie Norris Myatt Sr. of Houston; her daughter, Joy Cecile Myatt Baker (Bennie) of Houston; her son, Auzie Norris Myatt Jr. (Edie) of Houston; three grandsons, Auzie Neal Myatt (Keli), Auzie Andrew Myatt and Auzie Norris Myatt III, all of Houston; one great-granddaughter, Kaley Victoria Myatt of Houston; three sisters, Clytee Hester of Houston, Hazel Harmon of Houston and Jackie Hughes (Culley) of Tupelo; and one brother, Danny Brock of Van Vleet.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Jack and Ruby Brock; her brother, Billy Brock; and her sister, Norma Nell Brock.
Pallbearers will be Curtis Hare, Neal Myatt, Andrew Myatt, Mitch Alford, Ethan Nanney and Chris Hester.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 16, Chickasaw Journal.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to American Heart Association.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago