BLUE SPRINGS – Gladys Barton, 91, died Monday, Jan. 7, 2013, at Tri-Lakes Medical Center in Batesville. She attended church at Bethel Methodist Church. She was retired from Deville Furniture Manufacturing Co. She enjoyed crocheting, embroidery, flower gardening and attending the Ecru Good Timers.
Services were Wednesday, Jan. 9, at Browning Funeral Home Chapel in Pontotoc with the Rev. Robert Armstrong officiating. Burial was in the Pontotoc Memorial Gardens. Browning Funeral Home in Pontotoc was in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her son, Alton Barton (Charlotte) of Blue Springs; two sisters, Dot Hardin (Claude) of Pontotoc and Opal Roberts (Harvey) of Winter Haven, Fla.; four grandchildren, Penny Barton, Scott Barton, Chris Barton and Eric Barton; and four great-grandchildren, Aron Barton, Karye Barton, Ethan Earnest and Bradley Barton.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Clifton and Mattie Lou Hardin Russell; and her husband, Erskine Barton.
Pallbearers were her grandsons.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Coaching the game he loves March 19, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago