LETTER TO EDITOR: Lamar Wray
It seems that the attitude toward veterans, by our senators, Cochran and Wicker, changes with the wind.
According to a recent news article, both are highly favorable toward a new Veteran’s Medical Foster Home Program, with Sen. Wicker boasting, “Care for our Veterans must remain a top piority.” But, that wasn’t their attitude, when just before the congressional recess, both voted “No” against the Veteran’s Jobs Act Bill, which was designed to help returning veterans find employment, at a cost of 1 billion spread over several years. “Can’t afford 1 billion,” they said.
But, earlier in the year both voted to borrow hundreds of billions, in order to extend Junior Bush’s tax cuts for the wealthy elite. And, they both voted to continue shoveling out billions annually, in subsides to Big Oil, one of the planet’s most profitable industries. If career politicians can’t afford to help “those who bravely served our country” while they’re young, why get so excited about helping them later? More young ones vote than old.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago