LETTER TO EDITOR: Lamar Wray
It seems that the attitude toward veterans, by our senators, Cochran and Wicker, changes with the wind.
According to a recent news article, both are highly favorable toward a new Veteran’s Medical Foster Home Program, with Sen. Wicker boasting, “Care for our Veterans must remain a top piority.” But, that wasn’t their attitude, when just before the congressional recess, both voted “No” against the Veteran’s Jobs Act Bill, which was designed to help returning veterans find employment, at a cost of 1 billion spread over several years. “Can’t afford 1 billion,” they said.
But, earlier in the year both voted to borrow hundreds of billions, in order to extend Junior Bush’s tax cuts for the wealthy elite. And, they both voted to continue shoveling out billions annually, in subsides to Big Oil, one of the planet’s most profitable industries. If career politicians can’t afford to help “those who bravely served our country” while they’re young, why get so excited about helping them later? More young ones vote than old.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago