Girl Scouts kick off cookie season
Girl Scouts are taking orders from Saturday through Jan. 28. Cookies will then arrive between Feb. 16 and Feb. 21. Booth sales will begin Feb. 22 and run through March 17, but the community is urged to order cookies now and not wait for sales in front of local stores.
This year, Girl Scouts of the USA is celebrating the release of a new cookie box design. To celebrate, Feb. 8 has been designated National Girl Scout Cookie Day. The goal of this day will be to raise awareness of the five skills that Girl Scouts gain through the cookie program: Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills and Business Ethics.
“The Girl Scout Cookie Program supports girls in their development of leadership skills and so much more,” said Jenny Jones, GSHS Director of Marketing and Communications. “We want to thank everyone for supporting the girls as they begin this year’s program. Every time you support girls through the Girl Scout Cookie Program, you are increasing girls’ abilities to make the world a better place in your own community.”
The Girl Scouts will again be offering the “Savannah Smiles” cookie, which debuted in 2012 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of GSUSA. Other cookie offerings include the traditional varieties: Thin Mints, Samoas, Do-Si-Dos, Tagalongs, Trefoils, Dulce de Leche and Thank You Berry Munch. Find your local Girl Scout Cookie Professional (Girl Scout) at GirlScoutCookies.org to order your favorite Girl Scout Cookies. Girl Scout Cookies are priced the same as last year at $3.50 per box.
All proceeds raised through the Girl Scouts Heart of the South Council cookie program remain within the council and help to facilitate the needs of local Girl Scout troops. Buy cookies. Support girls.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. Girl Scouts Heart of the South encompasses 59 counties in east Arkansas, north Mississippi and west Tennessee. The combined membership is approximately 12,000 girls served with the help of over 3,500 volunteers. The headquarters are located in Memphis, Tennessee, at 717 S. White Station Road. To find out more, visit them online at www.girlscoutshs.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way April 17, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days in Spring April 20, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 20, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago