Rev. Dale Easley
VARDAMAN – Bro. Dale Easley, 66, passed away Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013, at West Florida Hospital in Pensacola, Fla. He was born May 22, 1946, in Calhoun County.
He was a graduate of Calhoun City High School, Mississippi College and New Orleans Theological Seminary. He was blessed by God with a special gift of shepherding and he always knew the right thing to say. He enjoyed quail hunting and woodworking. Always thrifty, he handcrafted cedar cribs for his grandchildren and biodiesel to fuel his vehicles. He was devoted to his family, his grandchildren, his community and his ministry.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Vardaman High School Gymnasium with the Rev. Jeff Gilder and the Rev. Jimmy Vance officiating. Burial will be in the Old Bethany Cemetery next to New Hope Church in Webster County. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife of 43 years, Mary Douglas Mallory Easley of Vardaman; his daughters, Joan Hughes, Janice (Jeff) Sandoval and Johanna (Eric) Van Iderstine; his grandchildren, Kelson and Bryce Hughes, Dawn, Andrew, Reagan, James and Nathan Dal Van Iderstine; two brothers, Larry (Barbara) Easley of Jackson and Lee (Dorothy) Easley of Calhoun City; one sister, Yvonne Easley Vance of Water Valley; and a sister-in-law, Diane Easley of Calhoun City.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Grady Lee Easley Sr. and Frances Vernon Chandler Easley, and a brother, Jessie Price Easley.
Pallbearers will be Robert Easley, Ronnie Easley, Melvin R. “Pork Chop” Falkner, Jimmy Mawk, Joe Smith, Billy Paul Spencer and Tony Watkins. Honorary pallbearers will be deacons; John Jasper Adams, Danny Bailey, Jim Blue, James M. Casey, Hubert Gann, Pete Gibson, Rodney Gillespie, Bill Gore, Jeff Hamilton, Jim Fred Hamilton, Jerry Hamilton, Brent Harrell, Bob Hollingsworth, Charles Hollis, Franklin Hollis, M.B. Martin, Jimmy Don McGreger, Mike Mitchell, Ray Sutherland, Kenny Tallent, DeWyane Winter and Randle Wright.
Visitation will be from 5 until 8 p.m. today at the Vardaman First Baptist Church in Vardaman.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 16, Chickasaw Journal.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the children and youth programs at Vardaman First Baptist Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka reviewing bids for new school September 19, 2016
- Houlka falls hard to Potts Camp September 22, 2016
- Lady Toppers roll up Red Raiders September 22, 2016
- Flywheel to spin Friday, Saturday September 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun September 23, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week September 25, 2016
- Houston to host WMU fall meeting September 25, 2016
- Saturday morning injury clinic for area athletes. September 24, 2016
- WEEK 6: High School Football Scores September 24, 2016
- Is Hillary’s health our biggest problem? September 24, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago