HOUSTON – Jewell “Mama Jewell” Wofford Pepper, 96, died Friday, Jan. 11, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born Nov. 28, 1916, in Chickasaw County, to Robin Wofford and Maggie Scott Wofford Nov. 28, 1916. She was married to William E. Pepper in 1934. She was a loving mother and grand mother. She loved cooking and quilting for her family. She was a faithful member of Parkway Baptist Church in Houston.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, at Parkway Baptist Church with Bro. Randy Rinehart and Bro. Carl Morris officiating. Burial will be in the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Webster County. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by one son, Billy W. Pepper (Louise) of Houston; five grandchildren, Donna Wright (Wesley), Billy “Buddy” Pepper, both of Houston, Bobby Pepper of Sherman, Randy Pepper (Sylvia) of Van Vleet and Linda Cornwell (Tim) of Fredricksburg, Va.; eight great-grandchildren, Brandy Cook (Tim), Dane Wright (Nikki), Phillip Pepper, Samantha Pepper, Andy Pepper (Laura), Amber Pepper(Mitchell), Michael Cornwell (Christene) and Amelia Brown (Michael); five great-great-grandchildren, Lindsay Cook, Jordan Cook, Carrie Byers, Jaxon Wright and Khylur Gray; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her parents; husband, William Edward Pepper; one son, Joe Leon Pepper; three sisters, Lila King, Bobbie Kendrick and her twin sister Julia Dill; three brothers, Leon Wofford, Scott Wofford and Jesse Wofford.
Pallbearers will be her grandsons and great grandsons.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston Trustees approve $847,000 maintenance project January 12, 2017
- County contemplates paving project January 16, 2017
- NEMCC names honor students January 16, 2017
- JOHN CALVIN: Let’s hope new government will guide us better January 17, 2017
- Orr named Masonic scholar January 17, 2017
- 4-H Promotion Day is Thursday. January 18, 2017
- Chieftains roll Green Wave January 18, 2017
- Houlka sweeps Rams to start division play January 18, 2017
- Okolona man charged in Amory armed robbery January 17, 2017
- Houston truck driver killed in Jackson crash January 17, 2017
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago