WEST POINT – Joseph Lynn Perry, 55, passed away on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born Nov. 3, 1957, in West Point to Sarah Louise Morris and Olen Pliny Perry. He was a Certified Honda motorcycle technician and parts manager for Ellis Steel. He was of the Baptist faith. He loved to ride his Harley Davidson Softail Custom and work on any motorcyle or four wheeler. He married Lisa Carol Hamlin Perry Aug. 25, 1989, in West Point.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Kirby Loyd officiating. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery West Point.
Survivors include his wife, Lisa H. Perry of West Point; one son, David Perry of West Point; one brother, Michael Perry (Lillie Sue) of Cleveland, Tenn.; and his sister in law, Brenda D. Perry of West Point.
He was preceded in death by his son, John M. Perry; and by his brother Donnie Perry.
Pallbearers will be Tyler Cude, Brad Pettit, Mike Pearson, John Elliott, Hearne Foster and Mark Acker. Honorary pallbearers will be Gerry Moore, Stanley Pate, Albert Decker, Randy Bramlett, Dr. Edmund A. Miller and Van Williams.
Visitation was 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to LeBonheur Childrens Medical Center, 50 Dunlap Street, Memphis, TN 38103 or to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105-1942.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- Family Resource Center offers services February 20, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago