CALHOUN CITY – Emma Joyce Holloway Kirk, 79, died Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, at Calhoun Health Service. She was born Dec. 13, 1933, in Hardin County, Tenn. She was a homemaker and a member of Duncan Hill Baptist Church, the Women’s Auxiliary and the American Legion.
Services will be at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 16, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City with the Rev. Buford Usry, the Rev. Tony Curtis and the Rev. Lynn Hughes officiating. Burial will be in Duncan Hill Cemetery in Derma.
Survivors include two daughters, Patricia Joyce Lyles of Gastonia, N.C., and Pamela Monette Trebbel of Coffeeville; four sons, Dr. Ricky Wayne (Lady Frances) Holloway of Eupora, Christopher Boyd (Patsy) Holloway of Baldwyn, Edward Earl (Jackie) Kirk of New Albany and Franklin Ottis Drew (Betty) Kirk of Water Valley; 16 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, Marvin L. Holloway; her second husband, Eddie Ottis Kirk; a daughter, Tamasina Sue Holloway Rogers; her parents, William Clellon Hughes and Rejina Grace Smith Hughes; two sisters, Anna Loyd Hughes Smith and Flora Joan Hughes Chrestman; two brothers, William Clevis Hughes and Raymond Clellon Hughes.
Pallbearers will be Eddie “Bubba” Kirk, Jason Kirk, Ben Kirk, Christopher Marvin Holloway, James Carl Lyles, Anthony Benjamin Curtis and Johnathan Titus Curtis.
Honorary pallbearers will be James Nabors, Albert Lee “Butch” Walls, Donald Gary Walls, Mickey Lee Walls, Mark Douglas Walls and Tim Walls.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- County formally amends 2016 budget October 27, 2016
- Louisville edges Toppers October 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago