Hebron takes on Winston Academy
In the first game of the afternoon, the Junior High Lady Eagles took a loss but were led in scoring by Victoria Ferguson with 11 points, Holly Hudson with 10 points and Rebekah Joy Falkner with five.
The Junior High boys then took to the hardwood against a good AA Winston team. They put up 13 in the first quarter and 12 in the second to take a 25-17 lead into the dressing room at the half. In the second half HCS scored 10 in the third and 11 in the fourth the earn their victory. The Junior Eagles were led in scoring by Channing Tapley with 30 points and 16 rebounds, Jessie Moore with nine points and six boards and Payton Griffin with seven points and eight rebounds.
In the final game of the night, the varsity men put up only 24 in the first half and 25 in the second half giving them a loss to the Winston Academy Patriots. Hayden Carty led the Eagles in scoring with 15 followed by James Allen Moore with 12, Will Corbin Rogers with nine, Taylor Coggins with seven, Drew Myatt with four and Collin Moore with two.
Back in district
Jan. 8 HCS returned to District 3A action on the road at Central Academy in Macon. In Junior High action HCS earned a win over the Lady Vikings. The Lady Eagles were led in scoring by Rebekah Falkner with 11, Holly Hudson with five and Millie Hudson with four. Also scoring for the Lady Eagles were Elaina Carter with one and Brynn Latham with three. Also seeing action were Brooke Griffin, Victoria Ferguson, Laura Smith, Madison Thompson, Morissa Shettles, Grace Smith and Amanda Staten.
The Junior High boys used dominant second and third quarters to put away a scrappy Viking team and earn their win. HCS was led in scoring by Channing Tapley with 34 points and 19 boards, Jessie Moore with 11 points and six boards and Payton Griffin with five points and nine rebounds. Also seeing action were Brian Eaddy with two steals, Harpole Perkins with six rebounds, Henry Hudson, John Winger, and Nolan Whitt.
The Varsity Lady eagles picked up another district win with a close, hard fought game. Rebekah Falkner led HCS with 21 points followed by Holly Hudson with 10, Victoria Ferguson with seven, Brooke Griffin with two and Subrina Oswalt with four.
In Varsity boys action, HCS dominated from the opening tip and eventually earned a win over the Vikings. Scoring for Hebron were James Allen Moore with 14, Hayden Carty with 13, Will Corbin Rogers with 11, Collin Moore with eight, and Austin Foster with three. Taylor Coggins, Ryan Moore, Troy Arnold, Cameron Smith, and Taylor Simmons all chipped in tw each. Also seeing action was Nicholas McCary.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago