PONTOTOC – Lawrence Morris, 63, died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, at his home in Myrtle. He was born to Leslie and Margaret Threlkeld Morris in Oxford. He was married to Mary Elizabeth Hall Morris on July 26, 2012. He was a loving husband and wonderful father. He enjoyed hunting and being outdoors. His nickname was “Deer Hunter.” He was a member of Antioch Freewell Baptist Church. He was a retired factory worker and mechanic.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Baldwin Nowell Funeral Home Chapel of Pontotoc with Bro. Jerry Hopper officiating. Burial will follow in the Antioch Cemetery. Baldwin Nowell Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife; one daughter, Amanda Bryson of Pontotoc; four sons, Lawrence Morris Jr., (Mandy) of Toccopola, Frankie C. Morris, Lance Morris (Jaqi) and Luke Morris, all of Pontotoc; eight grandchildren, Adrianna Morris, Zack Morris, Rebecca Murray, Shanna Lopez, Katarina Morris, Colton Morris, Shelby Morris and Matthew Morris; one great-grandchild, Draeden Cannon; one sister, Martha Hester of Ripley; two brothers, Jimmy Morris of Calhoun City and Calvin Morris (Brenda) of Pontotoc; a special niece, Gloria (Jeanie) Becerril of Ecru; and a host of nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, Dr. Mamon Morris.
Pallbearers will be Zack Morris, David Arias, Lamar Westmoreland, Gary Harris, Joey Ferguson, Luke Morris, Micheal Morris and Billy Yager.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago