LISA VOYLES: Bout with the bug
If you’ve had it, I sympathize, and if you haven’t, try to keep it that way.
I’m not normally a sickly person so I was kind of surprised it caught up with me, but it did. It put me down to a complete halt Wednesday, home in bed, stop, do not pass “Go.”
But Thursday morning, I was feeling much better, but still not 100 percent and didn’t want to bring any germs back into the public, so I spent another day at home.
I’m not at my house much on the weekdays and I made a discovery.
Daytime television is not for me.
After the news, it goes into talk shows, one after the other. This is just my own personal preference, but I really don’t care about small claims court and all that baby mama drama.
If you don’t know how to throw a shiftless human out of your house, I can’t help you. And if you don’t know who the baby’s daddy is, you don’t look good on television admitting it to the world.
There is one thing I found daytime television good for – inspiring me to clean house.
Once I gave up on TV, I just didn’t have much else to do but look at the cobwebs on the ceiling, so that’s where I started.
Of course, once I swept the ceiling, moldings and walls clean, the whole house was covered in dust. It looked like a tornado had come through.
I stood there and surveyed the damage and made my decision.
Yep, it was on like Donkey Kong.
My mother came by to check on me and found me standing in a chair, removing globes from the ceiling fans to wash them.
It took all day – with a break at 2 p.m. for Jeopardy, of course – but what a difference a day makes!
I did fall at the last fence and didn’t get the windows done, but I felt pretty good about the work I did complete. Between the Lysol and bleach, I don’t think a germ could survive and I’m about two months ahead on spring cleaning.
I made it back to work Friday and not a minute too soon. I was exhausted and just couldn’t face another day with the old mop bucket.
Of course, we tracked in mud and wet leaves all weekend and now it’s threatening ice and snow, but that’s just part of a Mississippi winter.
Hoping for a relatively nice week for everyone despite what Mother Nature throws our way.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago