Mary Dendy Brand
CEDAR BLUFF – Mary Rose Dendy Brand, 63, died Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-GT, in Columbus. A resident of the Cairo community, she was born March 25, 1949, in Anchor community in Chickasaw County to Jewel Lorene Dendy and Ellis Adron Dendy. She married Lonnie Edgar Brand on Aug. 22, 1970, at Bethel Baptist Church. She worked as the lifestyle editor for the Daily Times Leader for 30 years. She was a member of Enon Baptist Church.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with the Brother Danny Avery officiating. Burial will follow in Bethel Cemetery in Houston.
Survivors include her husband, Lonnie E. Brand of Cedar Bluff; one son, Heath Brand (Sheila) of West Point; two grandchildren, Parker Brand and Noah Brand; her mother-in-law, Mary Dye Brand of Cedar Bluff; one sister, Julie McMullen (Sam Thrash) of Columbus; two brothers, Marion E.”Punk” Dendy (Gaye) of West Point, Lamar Dendy (Cora) of Mantee; all her brothers and sisters-in-law, Billy W. Brand, Bobby Brand (Pat), Roger Brand (Tracy), Linda Brand Dendy, Jean Dendy, and Becky Dendy; and a number of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by three brothers Pete Dendy, Phil Dendy and Thomas “T. A.” Dendy, and two sisters, Joyce Dendy Eaton and Josephine Dendy; and a nephew, Billy Wayne Eaton.
Pallbearers will be Larry Smith, Jimmy Smith, Shane Lamkin, Robbin Morris, Bobby Brand and Jason Walker.Honorary pallbearers will be Billy W. Brand, Roger D. Brand, Buddy Griggs, Brian Griggs, Mrs. Mildred Millsaps, Dale Hamlin, Tommy Summerall, Dr. T. N. Braddock, Mrs. Christine Henley, and all her former co-workers at the Daily Times Leader.
Memorials may be made to Sally Kate Winters Family Services, P.O. Box 1233, West Point, MS 39773-1233.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 23, Chickasaw Journal.
Visitation will be 5 until 8 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way April 17, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days in Spring April 20, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 20, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago