VARDAMAN – Myrl Hollingsworth Armstrong, 87, died Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, at Joy Healthcare and Rehab. in Cleveland. She was a retired employee of Kellwood Company and Vardaman Community Center. She was a member of Vardaman First Baptist Church.
Service is at 11 a.m. Monday at Vardaman First Baptist Church with the Rev. Mike Ramage. Interment is at Elzey Cemetery in Vardaman. Parker Funeral Home in Vardaman is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by two daughters, Rita Carter (Phil) of Raymond and Charlotte Dye (Calvin) of Cleveland; two sisters, Grace Young of Houston and Lou Swaim of Alexandria, La.; two brothers, Bob Hollingsworth of Vardaman and Jim Hollingsworth of Hernando; three grandchildren, Emily Elliott (John Mark), Claire Boyles (Jason) and Valerie Norton (Allen); and two great-grandchildren, John Coley Elliott and Scottie Elliott.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Coley Armstrong; her parents, Thomas and Clara Spratlin Hollingsworth; sister, Virginia Morgan; and two brothers, Milton and Ralph Hollingsworth.
Pallbearers are Jason Brooks, Gregg Hollingsworth, John Richard Lancaster, Clay Spencer, Adam Wright and Dennis Wright. Honorary pallbearers are Jeremy Brooks, Randy Brooks, Jimmy Hollingsworth Jr., Mark Hollingsworth, Tommy Richard Morgan, Randall Wright and Larry Young.
Visitation is 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 23, Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago