VARDAMAN – Myrl Hollingsworth Armstrong, 87, died Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, at Joy Healthcare and Rehab. in Cleveland. She was a retired employee of Kellwood Company and Vardaman Community Center. She was a member of Vardaman First Baptist Church.
Service is at 11 a.m. Monday at Vardaman First Baptist Church with the Rev. Mike Ramage. Interment is at Elzey Cemetery in Vardaman. Parker Funeral Home in Vardaman is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by two daughters, Rita Carter (Phil) of Raymond and Charlotte Dye (Calvin) of Cleveland; two sisters, Grace Young of Houston and Lou Swaim of Alexandria, La.; two brothers, Bob Hollingsworth of Vardaman and Jim Hollingsworth of Hernando; three grandchildren, Emily Elliott (John Mark), Claire Boyles (Jason) and Valerie Norton (Allen); and two great-grandchildren, John Coley Elliott and Scottie Elliott.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Coley Armstrong; her parents, Thomas and Clara Spratlin Hollingsworth; sister, Virginia Morgan; and two brothers, Milton and Ralph Hollingsworth.
Pallbearers are Jason Brooks, Gregg Hollingsworth, John Richard Lancaster, Clay Spencer, Adam Wright and Dennis Wright. Honorary pallbearers are Jeremy Brooks, Randy Brooks, Jimmy Hollingsworth Jr., Mark Hollingsworth, Tommy Richard Morgan, Randall Wright and Larry Young.
Visitation is 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 23, Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies tase suspect in shots fired call October 15, 2016
- PREP ROUNDUP: Vardaman, Houlka, Louisville, Pontotoc October 19, 2016
- Lady Toppers take first round October 19, 2016
- Few storms, small hail expected tonight and Thursday October 19, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago