VARDAMAN – Letha Cherry Long, 98, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 6, 1914, in Waterloo, Ala. She was a member of New Hope Baptist Church, a homemaker and a farmer.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at New Hope Baptist Church in Vardaman with Bro. Johnny Cherry officiating and Bro. Robert Earl Alexander and Bro. J.R. Eaton assisting. Burial will be in Elzey Cemetery in Vardaman. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Vardaman is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include three daughters, Betty Sue Johnson of Vardaman, Christine Clements and husband, George of Calhoun City, and Rose McCluskey and husband, Bryant of Vardaman; two sons, Edward Earl Long of Vardaman and David E. Cherry and wife, Thelma of Houston; 17 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, John Russell and Rosie Lee Gibbs Cherry; her husband, Z.L. Long; one daughter, Louise Vance; two sisters, Mable Austin and Viola McDaniel; and three grandchildren, Mary Elizabeth Vance, John Frank Vance, and Reible Wayne Vance.
Pallbearers will be Jerry Brasher, Marty Criddle, Bryan Allen Long, James David Long, Larry Long and Craig McCluskey
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home in Vardaman. The body will lie in state one hour prior to service time Wednesday at the church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC offers manufacturing program July 20, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Hebron honors hoop champions July 22, 2016
- Houston, Houlka, Okolona districts get “C” July 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago