COLUMBUS – Beulah Christine Ward Boozer, 99, died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, at Trinity Healthcare Center in Columbus. She was born in Mississippi on Oct. 31, 1913, to Robert Emmett and Eliza Antonette Kilgo Ward.
She graduated from Vardaman High School in 1933. She lived for many years in the Big Creek and Saltillo area. She worked as a seamstress for several years at Play Craft in Saltillo. She was a member of Saltillo United Methodist Church in Saltillo where she sang in the choir in her earlier years.
Services will be 1 p.m. Saturday at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues. Burial will be in New Chapel Cemetery.
Survivors include her two sons, Sam Grady Boozer (fiancée, Linda Collins) of Madison and Emmett Brison Boozer (Anita) of Jasper, Ala.; six grandchildren, Brice, Barry, Amanda and Katie Boozer, Angie McHann (Kevin) and Melissa Englehardt (Wayne); five great-grandchildren; two great-great grandchildren; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Samuel Grady Boozer Sr.; and her parents.
Pallbearers will be Jerry, Paul and Don Ward and F.B., Robert, Allen and Randy Boozer
Honorary pallbearers will be her great-nephews and the staff of Trinity Healthcare.
Visitation will be 11 to 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago