Gayle C. Thomason
RUSKIN, Fla. – Gayle Jean Chrisp Thomason, 82, died Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013, at Life Path Hospice. She was born in Jackson, Tenn., the daughter of the late Charles Milton Chrisp and Gladys Marie Young Chrisp.
She worked as church secretary at Englewood Baptist Church in Jackson, Tenn. She attended Plant City’s First Baptist Church in the winter months and also attended Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo. She was married in 1949 to Billy Neil Thomason. She was a loving and caring wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She was also her daughter’s shopping buddy.
Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday in the chapel of Englewood Baptist Church with Dr. Paul Williams and Dr. Philip Jett officiating. Burial will follow in Hollywood Cemetery. Lawrence-Sorensen Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Surviving are her husband, Billy Neil Thomason of Tupelo; her son, Dennis Thomason (Kathy) of Ooltewah, Tenn.; her daughters, Deborah Gurriere (Raymond) of Asheville, Tenn., and Dorothy Rogers (Tommy) of Okolona; seven grandchildren, Will Richardson, Rad Richardson, Charlie Thomason, Adam Thomason, Abby Shipley, Andy Rogers and Brian Rogers; and great-grandchildren, Reese, Issac, Samantha, Clara Grace, Kelsey, Bradley, Amara, Gracie, Destiny, Eason and Gabe.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a sister, Bette Marie Chrisp; and a grandson, Bradley Rogers.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Will and Rad Richardson, Charlie and Adam Thomason, Andy and Brian Rogers and grandson-in-law, Corey Shipley.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (www.pdf.org) or a church of your choice.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago