Gayle C. Thomason
RUSKIN, Fla. – Gayle Jean Chrisp Thomason, 82, died Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013, at Life Path Hospice. She was born in Jackson, Tenn., the daughter of the late Charles Milton Chrisp and Gladys Marie Young Chrisp.
Mrs. Thomason worked as church secretary at Englewood Baptist Church in Jackson, Tenn. She attended Plant City’s First Baptist Church in the winter months and also attended Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo. She was married in 1949 to Billy Neil Thomason. She was a loving and caring wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She was also her daughter’s shopping buddy.
Services will be at 3 p.m. today in the chapel of Englewood Baptist Church with Dr. Paul Williams and Dr. Philip Jett officiating. Burial will follow in Hollywood Cemetery. Lawrence-Sorensen Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Surviving are her husband, Billy Neil Thomason of Tupelo; her son, Dennis Thomason (Kathy) of Ooltewah, Tenn.; her daughters, Deborah Gurriere (Raymond) of Asheville, N.C., and Dorothy Rogers (Tommy) of Okolona; seven grandchildren, Will Richardson, Rad Richardson, Charlie Thomason, Adam Thomason, Abby Shipley, Andy Rogers and Brian Rogers; and great-grandchildren, Reese, Issac, Samantha, Clara Grace, Kelsey, Bradley, Amara, Gracie, Destiny, Eason and Gabe.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a sister, Bette Marie Chrisp; and a grandson, Bradley Rogers.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Will and Rad Richardson, Charlie and Adam Thomason, Andy and Brian Rogers and grandson-in-law, Corey Shipley.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (www.pdf.org) or a church of your choice.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago