HOUSTON – James Murray Long, 85, died Thursday, Jan. 24, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Sept. 12, 1927, in Chickasaw County to Jessie and Maybell Long. He was a farmer, a U.S. Air Force veteran and a member of North Jackson Street Church of Christ in Houston.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston. Bro. Don Brady will officiate. Burial will be in Macedonia Cemetery in Chickasaw County.
Survivors include his wife of 60 years, Jane Maxine Long; four sons, Mike Long of Houston, Keith Long and Barbara of Walnut, Mark Long and Regina of Houston, and Phillip Long of Houston; one brother, David Long and Delois of Houston; two sisters, Joyce Gann of Houston and Margie Woodridge of Meridian; five grandchildren, Brandy Long, Chris Long and Scott Long, Eric and Justan Palmer; seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four sisters and one brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago