RECRUITING: Chris Jones visits Oxford
OXFORD – A big recruiting weekend for official visits concludes today at Ole Miss with Rebels coach Hugh Freeze looking to fill out a handful of spots on what continues to shape up as a very promising class.
In fact, one of those spots was taken late Friday evening when visiting receiver Quincy Adeboyejo, who was committed to Texas A&M until earlier this month.
Rivals.com rates Adeboyejo a four-star prospect and calls him one of the top receivers in the Dallas area.
Houston defensive end Chris Jones, a five-star prospect and Mississippi State commit, ended speculation about whether he would visit Ole Miss when he arrived in Oxford after midnight on Friday.
Defensive end, Robert Nkemdiche of Loganville, Ga., the nation’s top recruit, was on hand this weekend along with South Panola safety Antonio Conner.
Nkemdiche appears to be sending mixed signals, telling recruits he strongly favors Ole Miss, where his brother Denzel just completed his redshirt freshman season with All-SEC honors, but telling media he’s undecided.
Rivals.com rates Conner as a four-star prospect, the No. 11 safety in the country and the No. 1 player in Mississippi. Scout.com ranks Conner a five-star and the No. 3 safety.
Conner has also visited Alabama and Auburn.
Alpharetta, Ga., running back Peyton Barber was also in attendance. He’s been a verbal commit to the Rebels since the summer but recently gained increased momentum from a number of schools including Texas, Tennessee and Auburn.
Barber’s high school coach, though, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Barber has firmed up things with Ole Miss after a visit from Rebels coach Hugh Freeze last week.
Ole Miss has four running backs committed in the class, but Barber on paper looks to be the strongest runner, listed at 5-foot-11, 215 pounds. That’s bigger than any running back that received regular playing time for the Rebels in 2012.
One of the speed guys is West Bolivar’s Kailo Moore, who called Jones and Conner to urge them to join him at Ole Miss.
Freeze is also working to line up the guys who will block for those runners.
With two offensive tackles already committed – Mississippians Daronte Bouldin and Davion Johnson, both rated three-star prospects – Ole Miss is in the conversation for five more offensive linemen. Among them is Laremy Tunsil, of Lake City, Fla., the nation’s top offensive line prospect, who was in attendance this weekend. Georgia is considered his leader.
Both the Rebels’ starting tackles, Emmanuel McCray on the left side and Pierce Burton on the right, will be seniors in 2013.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way April 17, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days in Spring April 20, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 20, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago