BRUCE – Christopher Dee Armstrong Taylor, 17, died Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 7, 1995, in Oxford.
He was a 10th grade honor roll student at Bruce High School and No. 15 on the football team. He was a member of Faith Baptist Church, Boy Scouts of America and the Sons of Confederate Veterans. He was a member of the Bruce High School Drama Club and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Bro. Bob Weldon officiating and Bro. James Taylor assisting. Burial will be in Haven Hill/Melton Cemetery at Coffeeville.
Survivors include his father, Christopher Louis Armstrong of Big Creek; his mother, Melissa Taylor Gray, and stepfather, Roderick Gray, of Bruce; one sister, Jami Sierra Taylor of Bruce; niece, Talia Stovall of Bruce; grandparents, Charlotte Armstrong, Walter (Betty Harper) Armstrong, the Rev. James and Linda Taylor, and Rod and Alberta Armstrong, all of Pittsboro; two uncles, Jimmy (Melissa ) Taylor of Bruce and Malcolm Williams of Atlanta, Ga.; one aunt, Stephanie (Scotty) Bardo of Coffeeville; first cousins, Breanna Taylor and Amyiah Bardo, both of Coffeeville, JimiAnn Taylor of Smithville; godparents, Jerry and Annie Doss of Coffeeville; godbrother, Sinatra Crawford of Coffeeville; and godsisters, Jereese Armstrong of Memphis, Yasmin Doss of Coffeeville.
Pallbearers will be Scottie Bardo, Greyson Denley, Shaun Hidalgo, Kalvin Hooper, Ritchie Logan, Chris Sansing, Casey Tutor and Malcum Williams. Honorary pallbearers will be Bruce High School Football Team.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Make all memorials to Parker Memorial Funeral Homes. P.O. Box 458. Bruce, MS 38915.
Online condolences may be made at www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago